So, unbelievably, January 2017 is already here, and that means one thing, Get Organized month. We as Professional Organizers, let you know all the best ways to get organized, by purging what you are no longer using, but what do you do with it once the purging is over?
PURGING? 4 Decisions you MUST make for Success!
The first thing you have to decide is, are you going to Sell, Donate, Recycle or Trash.
There are many ways to sell items you no longer need:
Consignment stores such as:
If you are looking to donate your items there are many options:
- Diabetes Clothesline – they will pick up at your door.
- OFCP – they will pick up at your door.
- Bibles for Missions – they do free pick of larger items on a schedule.
- Value Village
- Lions club of Canada – For eyeglass donation
- The Salvation Army
For recycling or garbage
- Rent a bin
- Shred it
- Local transfer station (check with your local station, for old textile recycling bins, for clothing etc that is too worn for donation)
Terracycle – for many items that can not be recycled through transfer stations.
If you have to throw things away in the garbage, make sure you have recycled all you can to different recycling sites to help save the planet. If we all do a small part we will make a huge impact on our environment.
I would love to know how you recycle what you no longer use, we could all use input into places we have never considered before. Please leave a comment below, your input is always welcome.